One of our major clients is an Economics, Third Sector and Social Issues Research Center working on the Social and Cooperative Economy and the Third Sector. We are also involved in translation work with several NGO’s.
It is part of our company ethos to be socially responsible with the community and donate part of what we do for the good of the less fortunate. You can read more about our social work in our Social Responsibility page. We have gone beyond the translation of social issues to offer
- financial support to non-governmental organizations focused on educational activities in Africa,
- religious organizations in Europe and the US,
- US children welfare organizations,
- sponsoring sports events,
- financial help in research against rare deseases
- support as members of Translators’ Without Borders, an UN-approved initiative,
- sponsorship of a football match supported by professionals like Spain’s national team Juan Mata whose funds are destined to rare diseases research
- donations of computer hardware to local schools
- donations to local schools (heating and air conditioning equipment)
We believe that supporting socially-responsible and humanitarian activities is a corporate must, because business is a subset of society and businesses have a significant impact on society itself. Therefore, there is an inherent responsibility to help society and the world improve. Since society asks no more and no less of any of its members, business cannot be exempt from such responsibility. As we are working to help the world communicate and understand better, we feel it is our duty, even in a small scale, to help.
Translations for NGO’s
Social issues, humanitarian causes and social responsibility run deeply as part of our company philosophy. For example, Pangeanic is involved in building education projects in Cameroon’s most Northern region. We have provided funding for education in Cameroon’s most Northern and deprived area with fieldwork by volunteers and built a library/classroom via the Malima Project organization.
It also makes an ongoing call for funding which started during the 2012 campaign, details of which can be found in our blog. The organization is small, with no salaries and all funds go directly to volunteers. We have also donated computer hardware to local schools and to improve heating. Pangeanic is also a sponsor of the Translators Without Borders initiative to provide access to information to deprived communities.
Translations for the Third Sector
Pangeanic runs an account which includes the translation of social issues on all external communications for Ciriec, looking after the:
- Translation of economic reports articles into and out of major European languages for domestic and international publishing,
- Translation of books on Third Sector development – academic articles from professors on Social Economy across the world,
- EU-financed economic reports and findings on how the Third Sector impacts the European economy,
- Publication of a quarterly magazine,
- Correspondence in foreign languages,