Pangeanic BI-Europe (www.pangeanic.com) is looking for a post-doctoral researcher to carry out research work on the implementation and evaluation of SMT system.
The contract will start as soon as possible.
- Development of a SMT system based on Moses and rules
- Develpment of an Restful API for the platform
To reach these objectives, the following tasks and methodology should be taken into account:
- Produce a comprehensive literature review on corpus-based approaches to translation and hybridisation techniques.
- Interaction with the internal Researchers at Pangeanic and the other collaborators of the project.
The expected results:
- Hybrid Moses system.
- Proposal of a hybrid system involving the Moses system and Neural Networks developed at PRHLT.
- Final evaluation of these prototypes and the implementation in a real environment.
- Scientific papers
- Comparative evaluation showing the improvement brought by the hybridization of Moses system and RRNN over other existing systems.
- Analysis of their suitability in industrial application
- Demonstration of prototypes to the academic/industrial community
We are looking for an open-minded person that loves programming and is focused on quality and performance:
- Master or doctorate in IT, computer engineering or mathematics with a strong interest in NLP and willing to help the translation industry.
- Good programming skills
- In-depth knowledge of the state-of-the-art algorithms and methods related to data retrieving, data mining and string manipulation.
- Knowledge of MT systems, preferably SMT and RBMT.
- Knowledge of machine learning and typical NLP languages, such as Python and/or Perl.
- Knowledge of matching & retrieval algorithms and segmentation.
- Knowledge of web and API Restful programming
- Knowledge of Linux-based server environment.
- Availability to work in an international environment.
- Good relationship and communication skills.
- Applicants should have good knowledge of English, both written and oral, in order to be able to submit reports in English.
Pangeanic is a fast paced, growing, innovative organisation, with offices in Spain, the UK, China
and Japan. We offer careers that suit a wide range of skill sets, educational backgrounds and
levels of experience, from translation services sales to translation technologies, translation and
quality control, machine translation and translation project management.
Pangeanic is part of EU research programs and has written academic articles on the application
of machine translation to our field. We are currently part of the EXPERT Marie Curie project on
machine translation hybrids. We develop applications that make the language industry an
exciting industry to work for by offering value-added services.
Due to our fast growth, Pangeanic aims to further develop or reliable services by attracting and
retaining quality staff who identifies with our values of customer satisfaction and service,
innovation, multiculturalism and respect.
If you are interested in joining our team, please check our current full-time position and
Pangeanic aims to further develop by attracting and retaining quality staff who identify with our values of customer satisfaction and service, innovation, multiculturalism and respect.
If you are interested in joining our team, please check our current full-time position and traineeship opportunities.