This position has been covered.
We are looking for a researcher with high programming skills. The candidate will focus on data mining and machine learning for our machine translation system within a EU programme. Applicants are welcome to start as soon as possible!
The contract will start as soon as possible and has a duration until 30th Sept 2016, when the project finishes.
We are looking for an open-minded person that loves programming and is focused on quality and performance:
- Master or PhD in IT, computer engineering or mathematics with a strong interest in NLP and willing to help the translation industry.
- World-class programming skills.
- In-depth knowledge of the state-of-the-art algorithms and methods related to data retrieving, data mining and string manipulation.
- (Optional) Knowledge of Machine Translation systems, preferably Satistical Machine Translation and Rule-Based Machine Translation.
- Knowledge of machine learning and typical NLP languages, such as Python and/or Perl.
- Some knowledge of translation memory systems and matching & retrieval algorithms and segmentation.
- Knowledge of Linux-based server environment.
- Availability to work in an international environment.
- Team work.
- All suitably qualified candidates irrespective of gender or nationality are welcome to apply with the following conditions:
- Applicants should be in possession of a PhD/doctoral degree (preferably) OR have at least 4 years of full-time equivalent research experience.
- At the time of recruitment, the applicant should have less than five years of full-time equivalent research experience (including the duration of the PhD).
- Applicants should be competent in English, both written and oral, as reports on progress will be required.
- Applicants cannot have resided or performed their main activity in Spain for more than 12 months in the 3-year period immediately prior to their start date.
Spanish candidates should not have resided nor performed their main activity in Spain for more than 12 months in the 5-year period immediately prior to the start date.
Annual salary: 43k Euros (including personal living allowance – married candidates will receive a higher allowance).
Apply: E-mail to [email protected], specifying “Data Mining Programmer” on the subject.