Valencia, 4th March 2019
We are looking for an energetic, client-facing Project Manager for our Valencia offices. The selected Project Manager will be responsible for the reception of on-line customer inquiries, quoting, coordinating and the completion of all assigned language projects through their life-cycle. This includes liaison with internal translation staff and external vendors. Full training will be provided. Pangeanic is an equal-opportunities company, with excellent career and development opportunities.
A good understanding of the translation industry and a knack for technology applications related to the language field is highly desirable. One of our sections works in the field of Natural Language Processing and has recently been selected as a prime startup by Bankia’s Innsomnia.
Manage the entire life-cycle of international translation projects in a fast-paced environment
- text analysis versus TM and word-count (fuzzy analysis)
- providing analyses/quotes to sales team
- coordination of all the project phases
- efficiently predict the lifespan of all the stages of the project
- pro-actively analyze any issues and decide the best tools
- liaise with sales staff
- help with vendor management and quality appraisal
- negotiate deadlines and rates with vendors
- grow and maintain excellent relationships with our existing global team of contract translators and proofreaders
- monitor and control projects status
- speaking directly with clients when required
- prepare and maintain project documentation
- understand and comply with relevant ISO and EN15038 working procedures.
- perform quality checks at various stages of process to ensure quality and accuracy
Essential skills and experience required:
- excellent written and verbal English skills
- excellent organizational and admin skills
- minimum 1 year of professional experience in the project management field or similar admin field.
- university degree in a relevant field
- attention to detail and ability to multitask
- ability to meet deadlines
- excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- after training period, being able to independently carry out assigned tasks
- used to working in a fast-paced, fast-growing environment
- knowledge of CAT tools (training will be provided when necessary)
- MS Office, Windows
- proactive and problem solving attitude
- positive outgoing friendly attitude
- be able to work under intense pressure
Experience in translation and/or translation project management will be a vital advantage. References from previous employers and at least one client will also be highly appreciated.
Applicants should send a copy of their latest CV and a covering letter FAO Vendor Management team: email@example.com
Pangeanic is a fast paced, growing, innovative organization, with offices in Spain, UK, China
and Japan. We have opened strategic centers in Boston and Singapore in 2019.
We offer careers that suit a wide range of skill sets, educational backgrounds and levels of experience, from translation services sales to translation technologies, translation and
quality control, machine translation and translation project management.
Pangeanic is part of EU infrastructure programs and has written academic articles on the application
of machine translation to our field.
Due to our fast growth, Pangeanic aims to further develop or reliable services by attracting and
retaining quality staff who identifies with our values of customer satisfaction and service,
innovation, multiculturalism and respect.
Pangeanic aims to further develop by attracting and retaining quality staff who identify with our values of customer satisfaction and service, innovation, multiculturalism and respect. If you are interested in joining our team, please check our current full-time position and traineeship opportunities.